- MILLIGS, a village, in the parish of Row, county of Dumbarton; containing 241 inhabitants. It is situated close to Helensburgh, a little northward of that town, and on the east side of the Gareloch, near its mouth. It is distant about two miles from the village of Row, where is a ferry across the lake to Roseneath. Here were anciently two chapels, one on the farm of Kirkmichael, which received its name from the saint to whom the chapel was dedicated, and the other on the farm of Millig, called also after the same saint, and until lately presenting some ruins.
A Topographical dictionary of Scotland. Samuel Lewis. 1856.
Look at other dictionaries:
Clan Galbraith — Crest badge … Wikipedia